**This article relates to AirParrot 1. As of September 2016, support for AirParrot 1 has ended. We encourage you to upgrade to AirParrot 2 for the best compatibility with new devices.**
We’ve discovered a workaround that allows you to extend your desktop using the Windows 8 and up operating systems. Please note that this is a workaround and changing system preferences isn't something we recommend or support.
- Right click on the desktop, click 'Screen Resolution'
- Click 'Detect' on the next screen
- Click 'Another display not detected' and under the multiple displays option select 'Try to connect anyway on: VGA'
- Click 'Apply'
- You can now enable your desktop to be extended as if you have a second screen plugged into your computer.
- You can then select the display for mirroring from AirParrot.