To mirror your Mac to another computer, you must be using a Mac running at least OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion). Apple lists the following models as AirPlay compatible:
iMac (Mid 2011 or newer)
Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer)
MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer)
MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013 or newer)
Follow the steps below to mirror your Mac to Reflector:
1. Be sure your Mac is on the same network as the computer that has Reflector 2 installed.
2. Launch Reflector 2 on the computer you wish to mirror to.
3. On the Mac you would like to mirror, locate the AirPlay mirroring icon. It is located near your clock at the top right of the screen.
4. Click on the AirPlay menu, and you should see a list of available devices.
5. Tap on the destination computer's name.
6. Your Mac should now be mirroring successfully to your computer.