To mirror your iOS device to your computer, you must be using an iPhone 4s or newer, iPad 2 or newer or iPod 5th generation. AirPlay mirroring is built in on these devices. No software, other than Reflector 3, is required.
Follow the steps below to mirror your iPad, iPhone or iPod:
1. Be sure your iOS device is on the same network as the computer that has Reflector 3 installed.
2. Launch Reflector 3 on your computer.
3. On your iOS device, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up Control Center.
4. Tap on the AirPlay menu, and you should see a list of available devices.
If you don't see the AirPlay icon please refer to this help topic: I do not see my AirPlay icon.
5. Tap on your computer's name, then swipe the mirroring toggle switch found underneath the name of your computer.
6. Your iOS device should now be mirroring successfully to your computer.
These steps are the same for both iPad, iPhone and iPod using iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, and iOS 10.