Ditto Director for Windows is designed to allow moderation of Ditto screen mirroring sessions.
Ditto Director allows users to:
- View all receivers in a Ditto room and the devices that are connected to those receivers
- Remotely disconnect devices
- Remotely approve or deny an incoming mirroring connection request
How to setup and use Ditto Director for Windows
Step 1: Ensure that Moderator Controls are enabled for desired Ditto rooms
Step 2: Choose the security method required to connect Ditto Director to the Ditto room
There are three security settings to choose from:
1. One-time onscreen code: Ditto Director for Windows users must enter a randomly generated code the first time they pair to this room.
2. Onscreen code: Ditto Director for Windows users must enter a random code each time they connect to this room.
3. Custom password: Ditto Director for Windows users must enter a custom password each time they connect to this room.
Step 3: Download Ditto Director for Windows
You can find download links here.
Step 4: Open Ditto Director for Windows and enter the room code of the Ditto room you want to moderate
Step 5: Enter the onscreen code displayed on the receiver screen or the custom password for this room
One-time Onscreen code/Onscreen code
The name of the Ditto room will appear in the Moderator Code prompt. Ensure you are connecting to the correct Ditto room. Only one moderator can pair to a Ditto room at a time.
Receiver screen when displaying the Moderator Code
When using the Custom Password setting, nothing will be prompted on the receiver screen when connecting Ditto Director for Windows to the Ditto room.
The Manage Devices screen
The Manage Devices screen is where a moderator views all device connections in a room.
- A moderator can choose to allow all devices to connect automatically. Otherwise, all connections have to be reviewed and approved or denied.
Accept all setting disabled
Accept all settings enabled
- The device name appears under the receivers with the option to approve or deny the connection.
- The moderator can approve a connection by selecting the checkmark. Once a connection is approved, the checkmark goes away and the name of the device will change color.
If a moderator removes a device, it will no longer show in the list.