There are two ways to configure Reflector on macOS for use with Ditto. You can use the Ditto configuration utility or add the computer manually. Both of these options require you to download and install Reflector on your Mac.
Use the Ditto Configuration Utility
Use the Ditto configuration tool to add a Mac running Reflector software as a receiver in your Ditto account. This tool automatically detects available receivers on your network.
Manually Create a Room with Reflector
If you choose to manually add a Mac running Reflector through your Ditto Account Portal, you will need the computer's IP address and the MAC address.
Step 1 - Gather Network Information
- Click the Apple in the top left corner of your screen and select System Preferences
- In the System Preferences window, select Network
- Select the network you’re currently on in the left menu
- Once your network is selected, find and note your IP address under Status
- Click the "Advanced…” button
- Click the Hardware tab
- Locate and note the MAC address on this screen
Log in to your Ditto account and navigate to the Receivers section.
Click “New Receiver” (or “Add Your First Receiver” if you haven’t added a receiver yet).
Click on "Other"
Note: If you have previously set up a receiver in your account, you will need to click "I don't have a code" first.
- Enter receiver name. You can make this whatever you want, but it should be identifiable, such as "Mac Mini" or "iMac"
- Enter the network information you gathered in Step 1
- Set the Connection Type to AirPlay or Cast.
Note: We recommend AirPlay, but It does not matter which option you choose as long as you ensure that your Reflector software settings allow AirPlay/Cast connections.
- Click "Pair Receiver."
Add this receiver to a room. This is how you make a room “active.” Learn how to set up rooms.
Note: You may create as many receivers as you want. You are not billed until you pair a room to a receiver to create an “active” room.